Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 4th


So as a tradition for the fourth we go to the city park and enjoy all of the festivities it has to offer. The kids played in these blow up jumping things and they loved it!




Then we took them on the swings. Zoey of course would have nothing to do with this, but Tyler sure did enjoy it. Then of course they played games to earn tickets to redeem for prizes. They had a lot of fun. Brindy and Lydia met us at the park and we got to enjoy the rest of the day with them! It was lots of fun!








Most of all I think the kids enjoyed playing in the water and the mud the best!! Out of all the things there this was their favorite. Later that night we went to my mom's house for dinner and waited for the fireworks unfortunately the weather had other ideas and we got rained out! But the lightning was good and Gary's fireworks (the neighbors) were just as good as the ones would have been at the school. So I would have to say that our Independence Day was a pretty good one!



3 comments:

Sheridy said...

Holy Cow your kids look like twins sitting on grandpas lap. So fun!! I was thinking about all of you guys wishing that I was there so that I could go and do my tradition of going and getting all those fun 50 cent pieces. I'm so glad you all had a great time!

born2bhappy said...

The fourth was really nice this year. Not too hot. We got to sit around in the park and enjoy rather than just busily doing everything. I liked that. The got plenty of tickets and got their prizes. I was disappointed about the fire works but Gary's was pretty good.

Abby said...

It was definately one for the history books. No fireworks and wind and thunderstorms.