Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Tradition

In our family it is tradition to make all sorts of Christmas cookies for the week until Christmas. I love to do it! It's one of my favorite parts of the season. All of us girls wake up early in the morning and make cookies all day. It's lots of fun, just the girls in the kitchen cooking, laughing, and reminising. (ya I probablly didn't spell that right) We made Cherry winks,

Oreo Cookies

Sugar cookies

Waffle cookies

And I attempted to make peanut brittle!! Justin insisted on peanut brittle and I have never made it before! It was very interesting. I am going to try again on Monday, but this is probablly the only year he will get it! So this years tradition was fun, and very memorable!!
Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Yummy!! I think that I will miss the waffel cookies, I love oreo cookies! Made them 2 weeks ago. Let me know how the peanut brittle turns out. Have a Merry Christmas!! I'm sure that we will be talking to you all soon.

Abby said...

Good for you guys. I am not really in the Christmas mood, but I am glad that you have fun. You forgot to mention that mom burned her finger really bad trying to help make the peanut brittle. The things we do for the men we love.

Abby said...

Checking the box.

carolee said...

Way to go Jenny! What a fun day. Now you've got me craving cookies. Thanks!

born2bhappy said...

We did have a great time. We didn't quite get all the cookies made that we wanted but we had a great time. They are all almost all gone now, only 1 week later. When you put them on the frige, they get eaten pretty fast. They were all really yummy.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Now we want cookies! We need your email address so we can add you to our blog :)

Goofyness said...

That day was a lot of fun. I was able to make sugar cookies without making the dough hard as a rock, I am quite proud of that fact. I have always said I am a cook not a baker. Now I can't say that anymore. The week before christmas was a fun one. We love each other and that's what christmas is all about.