Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Easter



Our Easter was fun. The night before Easter we colored some eggs. Both of the kids loved it. We bought a kit that had stickers in them and after we colored the eggs the kids decorated them with stickers. It was cute.




Since we had church in the morning we waited until after church to give the kids their baskets, but we decided to start our own tradition. Justin's family would hide their baskets, and mine would just set them out in the living room. Well, we took Tyler on a Easter basket hunt. We drew pictures and put the pictures in plastic eggs and then hide the eggs at those spots. Then he would open each egg and go to the next picture. The hunt would end when he got to his bed and there he would find his basket. We got it on video! It's really cute!






So the kids really liked their Easter stuff and Tyler had to show off his cool sunglasses. I love watching my kids get excited about the littlest things, and watching them through the holidays. This is definetly what being a mom is all about!! I love it!!!



9 comments:

Abby said...

Oh my goodness. That video was toooo cute!!! I love how excited Tyler got. It is great. What a great tradition. I love it!!!

Goofyness said...

That is awesome what a fun tradition.
It is so cute to see kids' reactions to things. They really enjoy life. Easter is fun for everyone.

Chris and Brindy said...

That was so fun!!! So cute! I loved watching your video. I can't wait for when my kids can get excited like that! That was a really fun way to find the Easter Baskets. Does Tyler have one shoe on and one shoe off in that video? :) haha

Bailey Family said...

Your kids are getting so big!! I can't believe it. I can't wait to see you all next week. I loved your FHE lesson, I'll keep that in mind when my kids start having that problem with bad words

The Rich's said...

I loved it!!!! That was so CUTE! I love my niece and nephew! I loved the one shoe off and one shoe on. That is so typical boy! He could careless and was so excited about his little search for his basket. Garrett would ahve been the same way but the girls would ahve wanted to wait and stop until their shoe was properly back on. Love you guys!

Randal and Carol Stoker said...

We loved the video it so cute!! Thanks for taking us on the Easter Basket hunt with you...I love Tyler's excitement he so cute!! He sooo reminds me of his Dad....

born2bhappy said...

I think this is the absolutely greatest. He is such a cute one. He is growing up so fast. I love his cute little jump when he is excited about something. I have the cutest grandkids ever. I am one blessed grandma to have you so close.

Team Wyatt said...

Hi Jenny!! It's been forever.. Rebecca gave me your blog.. you have such an adorable family and you look great! I hope things are going good with you and Justin.

Hope to chat with you soon - Cami

gelvin said...

That was the cutest video, thank you so much for letting me be a part of it, I truly love your kids!!!!