Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Temple Homes

This last weekend was General Conference. I love conference. It seems to fill me up spiritually and make me want to be better. One talk that really struck home for me and one that I really enjoyed was the talk by Gary E. Stevensen of the Seventy. He talked about how to make our homes scared like the Temple. He said that we should set standards for our home, and to make it a place where the Savior can abide.
This talk made me think. Can the Savior abide in my home? Is there peace? Is there happiness? Is there love? Is there learning? Can I feel the spirit in my home? I knew there were a lot of things that needed improvement and I knew about it for a while, but after hearing this talk really put into motion. I need to make some changes in my home.
So the goal is to make a happier, peaceful, loving, and Holy Temple Home.
What is your goal?

5 comments:

Abby said...

We sat down and listed all the standards we wanted to have in our home, and then everyone signed it and I laminated it and put it on our fridge. It was a great talk.

born2bhappy said...

I loved this talk too. One of the talks also talked about making more time to go to the temple and not make excuses. That is my goal. I want to go at least once a month and since I can't go at night, Lynn and I have decided to take 1 day a month in the morning after I get done working and to to the temple. I hope this will be okay with you Jenny as I want you to tend Jeremy and Bailee this one day a month so I can live this commanment better.

The Rich's said...

Jenny, You have such a good sweet spirit. I look up to you in many ways. I Loved General Comference too. I loved each one of them. I liked the one that talked about REverence, I liked the one that talked about our trials and looking for the good. I also liked this one about making our homes much more peaceful. It just helps so much to hear these powerful sensitive men and women. We love and miss you guys!! Even though it really has not been long ago since we have seen you.

Goofyness said...

I loved that talk as well. My goals are going to the temple more, and having family home evening every week. I have also been working on having the kids say their prayers and I read the scriptures with them as well. It is amazing what general conference does for you, it makes you want to live your life better. I know that I have a lot to work on besides the ones I have listed but that's ok we can all use improvement.

Bailey Family said...

Wow you all haver great hearing. The only one that I really cought was pres. Monsons on sunday morning. I guess that is why they print it out so if we don't hear it we can read it. That's thanks to my kids, and them playing bingo. The lisened really well for the words on their sheets. Heck I think that was all I was listening for too so that I could help them.