Monday, July 18, 2011

Justin's Jollopies

So Justin made a really cute stick horse for Saige for her birthday. Ever since then he has been talking about how he wants to make stick horses and sell them. I just brushed it off thinking that it's one of his silly ideas. Well he talked about for a long time. He would bring it up for a while. He would say that he could sell them for the Ute Stampede. Well it was about 3 weeks ago and my sister Abby talked to me and told me I needed to support Justin cause it sounded like something he was really interested in. I thought about it and I told him that we should do it and I would help him. So we bought the materials and started stuffing socks and making these stick horses. We wanted to make 60 but by Friday morning when we were still making them we decided 34 was plenty. We had lots of help. My mom helped make ears and eyes and she watched the kids while we sold them at the craft show, Linsey helped stuff socks, and Abby made a sign to sell them. We got everything set up and started selling stick horses. When it was all said and done we sold all but 4, and made $280. He did very well, better than I thought. He is a good hardworker and very creative and inventive and it sure paid off! Good job HONEY!







5 comments:

Abby said...

They were really cute. Good for you guys. You should go out to dinner.

The Rich's said...

Tose were so cute! Yes us STOKERS definatley have BIG ideas sometimes! Glad you could make a little money and have some fun with it!

born2bhappy said...

It turned out great. They were really cute I thought.

Sheridy said...

That is totally awesome. I love all if your posts.

carolee said...

These are too cute! What a great idea!