Thursday, October 25, 2012

Update.....

Justin gets a call at work from our Branch Secretary.  He says he wants to meet with both me and Justin.  I was thinking in my head...we just got put into callings; we can't be released already? Then Justin and I got talking and we figured that since it was a Branch that we were going to get another calling. 

So we sit down in the Branch Presidents office and he tells me that he is releasing me as the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator.  I got sad, and then he said "Would you be willing to be the Second Counselor in the Relief Society?"  I was a little shocked.  I have never had a calling like this before, but I was so willing. 

Two nights previous to this interview I helped a lady in our Branch (who is a hoarder) clean her apartment.  Child Protective Services were going to take her daughter away if she didn't clean her living space.  I felt so much love for this sister, and I was so willing to help her in any way that I could. The next day she told us that the agent that came to check her apartment was VERY impressed and she gets to keep her daughter!! :) :)

Immediately after he asked I smiled and said YES!! I was so excited to be working with 2 GREAT ladies in our Branch, and with the GREAT sisters in our Branch!! The sisters here need so much help, and I'm so glad that I can be here to help them.  I love my Branch so much, and I am so glad to serve them!!

So that is the update....CRAZY!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Jenny you can do anything! You'll do such a great job!

Jenny Stoker said...

Thank you Nan! That was very sweet.